- This event has passed.
5-week NVC Practice Group
May 2, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:15 pm PDT| $200
NVC is readily understood but difficult to practice. This group is created with the intention to support NVC practitioners and those who wish to learn NVC in a group setting. This is a 5-week course that meets every Tuesday evening, 6:00-8:15pm from May 2nd-30th, 2017. Participants should have some idea of what NVC is and are invited to attend our monthly introductions called The Art and Science of Getting Along. Please register only if you can commit to all 5 sessions.
We Practice To…
• Be more compassionate with ourselves and others by increasing our awareness of our feelings and needs
• Distinguish our actual observations from our story about what happened
• Translate our judgmental thoughts into the underlying feelings and needs
• Listen empathically
• Receive “hard to hear” statements without taking it personally
• Make requests while holding everyone’s needs as equally important
• Support our own values while honoring the needs of others
• Connect with a sense of aliveness and appreciation
Participants should have some idea of what NVC is. Recommendations include attending The Art and Science of Getting Along: An NVC Introduction, reading the first 4 chapters of Marshall Rosenberg’s book: Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life and/or completing The Exercise
Things to bring: Curiosity and a willingness to learn more about the skills of Nonviolent Communication. Pens and paper will be provided or you can bring your own notebook if you’d prefer.